God's Love

Lately I was a busy person (playing WoW and DoTA) whom his devotional life deteriorating. But, I am moved as I were taking part of SMA 91 (91 Highschool) Bible Camp. After that Bible Camp, I remembered this particular song that was made popular by Antonius Hermawan (he just popularized it, not sang it ;P). Text taken from here.

Title: So You Would Come.
Singer: Hillsong Church.

---
Before the world began
You were on His mind
And every tear you cry
Is precious in His eyes
Because of His great love
He gave His only Son
Everything was done
So you would come

Nothing you can do
Could make Him love you more
And nothing that you've done
Could make Him close the door
Because of His great love
He gave His only Son
Everything was done
So you would come

Come to the Father
Though your gift is small
Broken hearts, broken lives
He will take them all
The power of the Word
The power of His blood
Everything was done
So you would come
---

I am amazed by the truthful story of each of senior student. How they were willing to confess their sins among the public, their juniors and their teachers. Almost all of them were healed.

There was a story of this young girl of her parents split out. But, after taking the Bible Camp last year, she have the courage to tell her mother about her feeling. At first, her mother was surprised, but then she gave her child a promise to change within a year. Now, not even a year they are a family.

There were many stories of the students holding grudges against their parent. Yes, I know it won't be a surprise. Although their parent are rich, there are something that they are missing. Some parent just don't know how to handle their child.

Some of the students feld of denials because of their parent lack of appreciation. Some of them hated their father/mother because of the bad mouth. Many just felt alone.

NOTE: Parent, watch your kid. Respect them and treat them as human. Your money means nothing to adolescene. Your attention is treasury.

Bible Camp Theme: Open Heart is a Beginning of Recovery (Keterbukaan Adalah Awal Dari Pemulihan)
Sessions:
1. Recovery of Father's Heart (Pemulihan Hati Bapa)
Many today's family are filled with broken figure of a father. Christianity described their God as a Father that loved His child. But, the broken figure has made an awful image about a father including The One That Love You So Much.

2. Heart Recovery
One mistake from the past can affect you for the rest of your life. This session is to clear all of the trauma from the past so you could walk as a new human being filled with good desires.

And many sessions...
---

Okay, in case anyone wondered how come I, an alumni of 81 Highschool, attending such occation. I definitely not a desperate whom wants to hook a Highschool girl. The spiritual teacher was one of my church' member and she asked me to help her.

The courage to be truthful of yourself was impressing me well. Their courage have made me realize what a bad Christian I was. I wasn't helpful enough for them because of my lack devotional life. I was one of the counselor (Pembina) but I didn't have enough courage to say something about devotional life, because I was lacking of that.

Well, many thing that I want to say about the Bible Camp. But, I think I am so lazy right now. But, I guess I would have Christian reflection entries on this blog from now on. I need to have a devotional life or I would fail as a Christian.

Comments

Popular Posts