Some Of My Analysis (U Think U R Right: The Prequel)

I do have my own research. Started in highschool, I have study years in advancing Indonesia into better level. I don't expect that I can explain what my study just in a brief description like this one entry in a blog nor few lines where it only valued with 9 points. But, I speak in term of 5 years and more. It is slow, I know, but it can get us in better live. OK, let me write some that I can write.

There are parts of this nation that must be fix.

Law Enforcement

I know my country is the top most corrupted country. This is a fact and let's face it. But the question is how we could fix it?

One of the answer is the law enforcement. But as said in socialogy, a law is like deals involving many people. If more sides not bond to the deal, then the deal is off. Why people in Indonesia are not bond into the deal?

Maslow and other geeks from psychology, which can be found here, has found that motivation can be predict by the needs that people have. (Bla3x.. this can be long and misleading you from my points which is stated next.)

People need to be content. They will agree to a deal where in a level their needs are well-cared. So, as long as by living as a good citizen cannot content them, even worst, it can threatened them), people are not willing to do so.

This is happenning not just in law, it also happenning in all aspect of Indonesian culture. Industry must lower their production quality due to "unpredictable costs". Developers must lowered their quality just to keep their budget fit to their projects. Illegal logging and trashing have make global climate change, flood, and desease. Many other deviations are exist which I cannot write down.

This can lead us in danger. You can see the result from the "think about now forget later" philosophy: The falling of mid and small industries. This sector is very crutial to our country development since it is the only thing survived from the mass crisis back in few years before. They are collapse because of the deviations.

So, in order to fix that, one of the must to do thing, to get our law in the right place. Like Ramot said, we cannot convince all of us to convert. If we already do so, this country have already taken the seat as a donor country not a sick country. We must start to fix one field.

Because we are in Computer Science, at least I do, we must start with our experties. So, here we go.

I'm not against Microsoft nor any propietary software. I am against the use of illegal software, just like Fajran's opinion. But, how can we ask people not to use a copy of illegal software when there are no alternative solutions?

I have considered to have low cost propietary software like the Microsoft's Windows XP Indonesian Version. Too bad, the cost is to high to some people and the support is not worth.

In my study, the problem is not just financial but also behaviour. The problem with it is not all software dealers are selling that version. Overmore, many people are thinking: "Why we should cost more for something that we can get in 5.000 and 50.000 rupiah?" Furthermore, they are alien with the worth of tech support.

There are 2 solution that I can think of:

1. Get law enforcement socialized.
2. Get another solution that has lower or at least the same price.

First solution, I'm affraid it will ended like P4. So, that's why I'm thinking of the other solution.
I choose we can offer free/open source software (FOSS) solution.

Amazingly, the FOSS has provide softwares that more capable than any propietary software. I found also, it is know studied by great nations world wide and creating new business models. OK, I will stop there so you could keep up with my argument (thougth I can give you more).

With the emerging projects come from FOSS, we can fullfill our needs. (This argument already exist in my prev post)

Now, what can we do?

My study found that many enterprises abroad are considering FOSS and try to support them. One of the reason is because many graduates are capable and master the FOSS. So, it is not true that you cannot change the behaviour of your friend, you could even change your nation.

Mark, the man from Ubuntu, said that many countries in the first place cautious about turn to FOSS, but in the end, they addicted to it and ask if there is a replacement in FOSS for particular job.

The answer is in awareness, how can we step further more? It's up to us.

Okay, I can step my argument with many facts and turn this entry to a book. ^_^"

Have you played FreeCiv (or Civilization in Windoze)?

If you want to research to a goal, you must research some before go to that step. My plan also like that.

In order to get people can appreciate and honour the law, we must take step by step to provide alternative solution where people can walk legally.

First, almost all of us must spread the alternative solution. That's why I target my first move is to students or academics where they are and should be in the bleeding edge technology. I narrow it to computer related students.

If all of us agreed to use actively, it takes months (but not years) to spread it to non computer-related students.

How can that happens?

Simple, GNU/Linux systems has extrodinary eye candy apps. I even see many non techie get themselves those eye candy programs and compile them and run them and then post the result in the forum. It's like a hobby.

With the provided expert community (which should be us) + the eye candy + killer apps, many non techie people then try to migrate to the alternatives.

I have studied also that with the openness of the s/w, people are swiftly appreciate other works. This, in the end, will grow and to accomodate people desire to be credited and give credits.

This climate will give people more appreciation to law enforcement.

So, in order to promote law enforcement, I choose to spread open source software to train people to appreciate the law which low cost proprietary software failed to achieved.

There are many aspects that I would discuss, but I think people will have dizzy head reading this entry, so, I stop in just one aspect, which is law enforcement.

People, please do not underestimated me. I have studied Theology since 5th grade. The book I studied is Ahmed Deedat's and stuff like that. In the Junior Highschool, I studied human development books. In Highschool, many geek stuffs I have read (I don't want to mention one, because I'm affraid to be thought a geek person).

[edit]
3 Paragraph and 1 sentence is deleted.
[edit]

I just want to make a point there. It makes me sad when I said to people (even in academics meeting), that they only laught at me and tell me nonsense. They only said, e.g.:

"You can't play Warcraft with that, can you?" (Wine)
"Are all of your softwares copyrighted?" (Don't they know copyleft?)
"Ah, pake linux pusing. (tm)" (the latest)

I wish they ask the proper question:

"How is it possible?"

Comments

  1. Anonymous5:59 PM

    aduh inggrisnya gak tahan... minimal judul deh...
    analysis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx. Typo stuff... :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will edit the text.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts