Setting Up Your Locale in Debian-based System

I usually install Debian GNU/Linux system by using bootstrapping. The reason is for flexibility and the need to tunning with less time. [Believe me, seems bootstrapping more faster than network install]

To set the locale that I want to use, I usually set this:

# dpkg-reconfigure locales

I usually prefer ID_id.utf8. It is Indonesian and using UTF-8 format.

Btw, why Jakarta uses WIT (Waktu Indonesia Timur/Eastern Indonesia Time) not WIB (Waktu Indonesia Barat/Western Indonesia Time)?

Is it the the same reason with speedtest.net assuming my connection is from Ujung Pandang?

-------
Edit: Hahaha... seems like I'm the one that not RTFM. WIT is not Waktu Indonesia Timur, but Western Indonesian Time as enlightened by anonymous reader. Hmm... I think I need another round up of LFS. Anyway, thx for the enlightenment.

Comments

  1. Anonymous5:18 AM

    WIT is Western Indonesian Time, I believe.
    info: Zona Waktu Indonesia Pada tzcode

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ow, i see. My bad for not rtfm.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts