Songs Sung by VTuber that I Like to Listen

I, like other Indonesian normies who fallen to the rabbit hole, was brought to the scenes by Kobo Kanaeru. That's why my song selection below is mostly for Hololive and Indonesian. I haven't falling deep enough.

The list is not charting or something, just something that remember.

#1 Cynical Night Plan - Pavolia Reine and Tokoyomi Towa


This song was engineered by Redshift. Redshift have built portfolio since the Vocaloid era. In VTuber era, it seems they becomes the go to for Reine's songs. 

By default, I prefer natural vocal. However, the stylized vocal by Towa and Reine engineered by Redshift really doing well with my ears. It creates amazing sound experience for me.

What I like from Redshift is that the space is enough in every EDM music they made. This really makes me who not really into EDM can listen this song without tiring my ears.

I like Towa deep voice, not gonna lie. Reine did a good service for her teammate to give the best part for Towa. Reine herself also did a good job compliment the voice. What a good host.

#2 Again - Moona Hoshinova


This song was mixed by Moona herself. You can hear her cracking voice here and there. You can hear the indie default guitar strum, the keyboard, and the studio drum. Oh, the bass is a bit subdued. The overall song is at a demo level quality.

However!

The imperfections really sold me. As a whole they made the song wholesomely innocence. I won't take it another way.

If it's on another song, I would like to have her retake her vocal. May be told her to lower the key half step. But, no, her nervous vocal really addicting in this song.

You can feel the feeling across this song!

#3 Baddest - Calli, Moona, Reine, Risu


This is what a cover should be! They made artistic choices here and there makes the cover unique. Like when Calli whisper, "all the eyes on me" which differ from the original. I really like that part btw. It creates a smooth hook to the Korean hook. 

Of course, the OG version is more layered and fuller if you listened to the mashup. I blame this to the difference in production cost. I found out that Hololive talent need to open their own pocket for each song they cover aside from Hololive. As this is coming from Moona, the production is really great.

#4 Saikai - Moona and Suisei


The Hoshi-duo are amazing. The vocals are really good! No other comment.

It's interesting that Suisei making an artistic choice to clone Uru's voice. Usually artist would make their own take. The end is justified, but I wish Suisei can make her own spin on the voice because she is an aspiring artist.

I'm not complaining, though. The end result is amazing.

#5 Roki - Andi Adinata and Mia Canasya


The best Roki cover, ever!

You can hear AZKi, Eve, Shien, and other bunch vtubers covering the song. I can defend that this is the best version ever.

Eve x Sou version may be the best contender. The singing also a little bit flat for a Rock&Roll song. They are also losing in the first "aw" part. For a rebellious song, that part is important. At least, the producer MikitoP made it an important monument for the song. 

#6 Pretender - Andi Adinata


His singing is amazing in this. I don't even bothered by the MIDI-ish music.

#7 Happy - Kobo Kanaeru


I like the realistic drum. The song has so many spaces which is rare nowadays. I feel like a genuine Swing band playing at the club. There, Kobo hallowed with spotlight singing the song. 

#8 Love Me Love Me - Pavolia Reine (1981 VHSRip remix)



It's an original song by Pavolia Reine. There is nothing wrong with the original arrangement. It's a good arrangement. However, the remix by Adhesion takes it to another level. 

I think the original reverb voice by Reine is really 80's. That's why to me, the take for making lo-fi 80's Synthwave music resonated with me more. There are qualities coming from the ClownC0re dissonance style and the distorted whispers of adlibs "love me love me". It elevates the spookiness of the song.

#9 Aishite Aishite Aishite - Vestia Zeta


I know Izuru makes an excellent rendition of the song also. What makes me choose this instead of Izuru is because of a movie called Orphan (2009). Yeah, it's not fair, because Izure take is awesome. But, Zeta really makes me think of that adopted child.

Both Izuru and Zeta makes great cover. However, go watch Orphan and replace the OST with this one. You will know what I mean.

#10 Gyutto - Vestia Zeta


I can only say about the cover is that the song was made for her. The song was about the feeling felt by a woman about her relationship. 

The OG was sung by a male singer felt like mansplaining. I don't mind the OG because I don't know Japanese. However, isn't it weird to listen a woman feeling by a romantic man? That's why I said in the beginning, the song finds the rightful singer. Lol.

#11 SOS - Hyakumantenbara Salome 



The sound engineering so professional. The right crisp, the right bass, the right vocal compression. I feel like listening from a CD player.

#12 Hey Kids!! - Kureiji Ollie


This is the first cover song by Ollie. Some people said this the worst Hololive cover. I agree that this is a problematic song, but it is not that bad.

Studi Suara thinks that the problem is with Ollie voice with so many off-pitch. The vocal style has too many gimmicks. If this is a Pop song, I would agree.

This is a Punk song!

As a Punk song, Ollie voice is perfect. Let's look at Ramones, The Offspring, and Green Day for example. Punk vocal should be fun and authentic. It should be sung loud and proud with rebellious attitude.

You don't tune Punk!

The problem that I think I found is in the music. The bass and drum not loud and crisp enough for a Punk song. I wish they remaster this song. 

Comments

Popular Posts