Suisei on First Take


A Vtuber by the name Hoshimachi Suisei made a breakthrough by singing in First Take. She was the first Vtuber featured on a "normal" music channel. I don't know about First Take, thought. 

The First Take is apparently a music channel respected by the Japanese music industry.  According to its description, artist featured on the music channel will be singing live without filter. It seems this is similar to the respectable NPR's Tiny Desk Concert. A raw, unadulterated, performance.

Some people find it weird with an anime character singing without showing the real artist face. I don't think this is weird.

Do you remember Gorillaz?

They did it back then. As a virtual band, they already in the music scene with their own avatar. That's why, I don't think the artist goes by an anime avatar known as Hoshimachi Suisei is weird. I mean art is weird, so be it! There is nothing wrong with going through the vtubing route.

Regarding the performance, I do like it. If I need to nitpick, I wish they don't do the string play. However, that's just a little nitpick from a purist live performance.

I mean, I already accept that bands nowadays play with additional recorded instrument in live performance. It's understandable that these bands especially the progressive metal bands like Epica don't have the budget to have live orchestra to back their songs. The song would be uncomplete without them, probably.

Anyway, it's a good performance by her and the band. From the information I gathered, the guitarist is the composer of the song and the keyboardist is his band mate. That's why they have the perfect timing. "Stellar Stellar" is their own original song. 


Comments

Popular Posts