#My2C for Iofi - Kagome [Cover]

 


I tried to search for video reaction in YouTube for this song. I can only find a reaction from Studi Suara. He brings the technicality for the voice acting in this song. He talks about Legato and legit stuff about singing. Well, here my two cents about this song.

This is a raw song! Get it? A raw song!

First, I agree with Studi Suara that the song should have a higher note. The song originally was sung by a man, so I think it should be wise to have it a little bit higher note.

A higher note can force her to let that raw emotion out. At least if I was the producer/sound director(?), I'll ask her to try higher note.  

Second, for a song with raw emotion as a theme, I also agree this song is too flat. However, instead of vocal aspect, I think I can say that the production itself is the problem.

I don't know why current music production trend is so full. This made even singer voices getting compressed. Not much space is given for micro-legato or any imperfection. You won't find Cindy Lauper's type of singing. Everything is so on-note.

As a result, vocal is getting compressed a lot!

However, again, however:

This is a raw song! Get it? A raw song!

You should've tuned that tuner down. Let the imperfection, the cracking in the voice included in the production.

If I can say the perfect production level to this kind of song should be that NPR's Tiny Desk Concert level of production. Of course, that is too raw for current trend. You can compress it a little bit, but don't let the imperfections begone. Those made the emotions for raw song.

Yeah, as I said, Iofi type of voice reminds me of Cindy Lauper. She can have her own color and sing with her own voice swing. Just be yourself, I mean the persona you projected through the character named Airani Iofifteen. Oh, come on, I don't want Baudrillard stuff here. Lol.

Gah, I don't remember any technical terms for this. I haven't touched a keyboard nor any musical instrument since 2019. I can't even play guitar well anymore.

Well, for a song freely available to listen to, I'm complaining too much. This is because I think such a waste of opportunity that the song failed to capture Iofi's raw emotion. I sympathized her here. She did a great job showcasing the world for enabling hand sign in 3D technology.

Pushing VR technology to include accessibility is awesome. Kudos for her. I even didn't think about that.

EDIT:

On repeat listening, I can capture the raw feelings after first verse. The song grew on me. I think the one that spoiled my listening is the beginning of the song. It really turned me off. 

My opinion still stands. She really needs to take higher note and may be sing the song at the beginning like Cindy Lauper.


Comments

Popular Posts