Never Say That Again

I was late at night. The time was midnight and I tried to take any public transportation. I was in Pondok Kelapa, so the usual public transportation already off. So, I tried to find a taxi cab or maybe an Ojek (It's an informal public transportation where a person in motorcycle takes you where ever you want).

At last, I find a ride to get home. It was an Ojek. The person who rode it was a man in middle age around 35 to 40s. I doubted him though. He only got one helmet and wasn't wearing it. But, I had no choice but to ask his service. He took my offer and we went.

The night is humid. The long we went, less people sighted and at some point we were the only one on the road. We talked some and then we stopped talking. I was really exhausted and really wanted to be in the house immediately. So, I took him into shortcut. It was a path road. The path was empty also.

I felt the driver was worried about how far we went from the main road to get here. So, I tried to cheer him,

"udah deket, kok, Bang." ("It's not far anymore, Sir.")

To give him hope, I pointed a place near my house.

"Tuh, Bang, dikit lagi udah nyampe." ("There, you could see the place.")

Suddenly, he was acting strange. He looked his left and saw a graveyard. He saw the place where I pointed my finger and it was a great part of it. I think he got anxious after that last line of mine.

Suddently, he stopped his bike. In front of us, two goats was resting in the middle of the path. There was no more light in front of us. It was like the road was meant to be ended here.

And then, with worried face, he talked to me:

"Udah sampe sini aja, yah, Mas. Abang mau pulang dengan selamat." ("Please end the journey here, Sir. I just want to get home safe")

Yeah, we stopped there and I paid him some cash and pointed him my REAL house.

"Sayang amat, Bang. Udah tinggal deket lagi. Tuh!" ("It's to bad, Sir. My house is already a little more further. There!"

His face changed and said,

"Oh, yang terang itu." ("Oh, the bright one.")

My house was covered with the graveyard so we cannot saw it before. After he saw it closely, he went. Then, I must walked through to reach my home. Well, I guessed it was near, why should I bothered to ask the driver for our agreement.

Ups, few moments later I realized....

He though I was a ghost!

MORAL OF THE STORY:
Never say anything like in the Horror Movie, especially when it's dark.
Never point your finger to a cemetery although your house was behind it.
Next time take a Taxi if it costs you the same amount of money.

Comments

  1. Anonymous8:09 AM

    huehuehue

    loe sih 'pe.. muka loe itu kayak orang beler sih sambil ngomong dengan nada datar gitu. pantesan aje :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts