Desktop Experience: Bug Fix

Because of the modularization of X.org 7.0, you must make directory named default in directory "/usr/share/icons". You can copy "index.theme" from "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/icons/default" into that directory. So, you may enjoy the default mouse theme. For compability, you could just make a symlink. This is the way it is:
# sudo mkdir -p /usr/share/icons/default
# ln -s /usr/X11/lib/X11/icons/default/index.theme /usr/share/icons/default
Now, you can enjoy your new cursor. The default install still use the old fashion to install default setting.

For nVidia, besides TNT2, all gfx card from nVidia should use nvidia-glx not the legacy one. The info in the given link is rather false.

Now, I get myself addictive into KDE because of their kcompmgr. I can configure my menu, panel, and apps to have shadow and cool fade animation. I admit defeat on gnome. *sigh*

I hope those boys and gals at metacity can implement better. Now, I must admit that I'm a KDE user.

Btw, blender still doesn't know GLX. It's because my VGA card (nVIDIA GeFORCE 2 MX 400) are considered as legacy system. *Hiks* :)

[edit]
The problem is I never put "EnableGLXWithComposite" option in my "xorg.conf". That's why I never have my GLX enabled (which is default for nVidia cards). Now, with the option enabled, I have my both GLX and composite run with charm. Spookie!

With kcompmgr enabled, I have beautiful desktop experience at home which is more beautiful than Windoze!

Ubuntu Dapper Drake would be a great masacre to another desktop, imo. With just the development version I have, the desktop greatly improved and responsived. Can't wait the final version.

One thing, how do I enable SELinux on the kernel? (Don't worry this is geek stuff, don't ever terrified by the question)
[/edit]

Comments

Popular Posts