Moona - High Tide (Remastered)

 


Moona Hoshinova of Hololive Indonesia produced an EP with High Tide being remastered. High Tide was her song created with ZSunder as producer. The song was using K/DA as inspiration. It also became the highlight of the Holofest 3rd concert in the first day.

Enough with the trivia.

I feel the remastered version is a degraded version. I feel the original is way better. 

Before the critic, the improvement for Moona's pronunciation in the remastered version is a good thing.

The remastered version feels like has faster tempo. This makes the main vocal and the backup singer out-of-sync. I'm inclined to believe that Moona lost the raw Master recording and put the flavor on top of that.

Oh, the echoing reverb on the voice feels too much for me. I think the remastered want to convey the lingering feelings from the reverb, especially in the pre-chorus. However, I feel that is not needed, I prefer the Hall reverb in the original is best.

All in all, I feel the original is better.

If Moona wants to remaster, I believe she should do it like Taylor Swift: recreating the instruments. And plus, vocal like now, minus the reverb. I believe for a K-Pop-style music, there is an improvement can be made to the song. It can be done by adding layers of instruments to make the song tighter. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts