The Future

Sometimes, I just want to let go people go with their stuff. The heck with them! Coz how many times I tried to tell them, not even they reconsidered the excuse.

The future is open source. Many s/w developers are trying to rebuild their business process based on that. Now, new concepts about information technology arise. I wish, our country can be one of the pioneers.

But, they are satisfied with today. They are satisfied with the unlawful act that thaught among them.

As I said to them, using propietary softwares is campaigning the people to use illegal softwares. Why? Indonesian is a community based people. Without strong will of a community nor a condition where life is at stake, they will not be motivated nor moved to do the right thing. If many of the IT professionals in Indonesia using props, then, non-geeks will continued using those because they are taught so.

Worse, the IT pro even advertised bad things about free/open source (FOSS) projects. They think, why would you risk your ass to something bad as the FOSS software?

Well, I thought academic environment as the last resorts to fix things. Well, I was wrong. They don't even act. They only use FOSS when it is suitable [read: no prop s/w can defeat it]. I was thinking they could use FOSS as a ground basis to develop their own s/w.

I thought, c'mon, academics are supposed to be living on the edge and FOSS is trying to be the latest. Academics should be researcher. Academics should go with many possibilities.

I even tried to persuade the student research and offer them to assist me to do some researches in the open source field. Well, I think it is over a year since I've got the idea. I've tried myself to recruit some people to join my cause. But, I think they have loose their intention as well myself.

What can I describe about my countrymen? Here it is:

Today, many people cut down trees and throw trashes everywhere. And then, there the flood comes. What they do? They give charity over and over again each year.

"It doesn't matter, as long we can give the charity," they thought.

Look here, todays climate are getting worse. Many disasters happens.

"If we stop the cutting, what would be the income for this nation," they thought.

Stop it, many diseases begin to arise.

"Ah, why should be bother to keep the trash until we can find any trash bin? Isn't it bothersome to do such? Why bother? Even the government doesn't help us with providing trash bin, why we would do such?" They argued.

I don't think my long post will help you. So, I stop here and let your mind think what is the analogy about.

Open source is one of the potential to achieve greatness for our country. I hope, we can be pioneers not followers.

I don't hate props, but it makes us just dull. No such thing as free lunch! Vendors are not in the charity mode when they fund researches. If we researching based on the fund, then our research belongs to them. So, in the end we have nothing just a perk called milked cow.

Please, try using open softwares. Promote them to your fellas. Well, that is if you care enough. If not, I'm sorry I've just littering you with some rubbish.

I hate to see my people enslaved either by foreigners or, even worst, their own leaders. Do you?

Comments

  1. Anonymous12:10 PM

    kirain ngomong apaan

    btw, kp gw open source nih. bantuin donk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:26 PM

    jika demikian, kenapa lu ikut imagine? bukankah secara gak langsung lu memajukan "vendor" itu?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts