A Witch Hunt Gone Wrong

Pikamee, a vtuber was deciding to stop her character for vtubing in 31st March. Her last stream was playing Hogwarts Legacy. This game was gaining notoriety because the J.K. Rowling, a creator of Harry Potter, was making a transphobic statement. Because of this statement, many twittards witch hunting many content creators who playing Hogwarts Legacy.

Pikamee and her company said that the graduation was planned. She had taken a one-month break before making the decision. However, this graduation made her fans enraged.

Her fans understand that she was a bullying victim in the past when she was still a child in school. They don't believe that statement, instead they know this is because of the witch hunt.

Some of the fans fight back. The whole trans community is now being accused of a bully who don't want to get bullied back. A bully who thinks oneself as a victim.

*Sigh*

I love Jesus and I believe He is the salvation for everyone. My friend, Hassan, believe that Muhammad PBUH is the Prophet sent by Allah for bringing order. My other friend, Jericko Lim, believe in Kwan Im as the Goddess.

We have contradictions on faith. That's okay! Our beliefs are different. It won't stop us to communicate, even if we are infidels to each.

I feel that LGBTQ+ is a new modern religion. They are still new and still growing in size and understanding. I hope they can grow like other religion to accept differences in faith.

However!

Access to public facilities, privileges as a citizen, and any human right should be the same. Your privileges should not because of your faith.

I still believe that a person should be a person biologically born with. That's what the Bible said that I believe. Still, I interact with them like I interact with other people. Nothing is different, except if they are jerks.

I am a flawed human. There is a bottom line when I can't tolerate jerks. I tend to avoid them, regardless of their faith. I know Jesus taught us to forgive, but I'm still learning to do so. No, I don't think this is right, but I'm just telling that I still struggle with that.

LGBTQ+ is a new modern religion. Like Christianity, they also contain many communities and sub-beliefs. So, like Christianity and Islam, I think we need to separate them and not take the whole community.

Why I believe this?

I remember my friend was talking with his Gay friend. His friend behavior is so elegant. He spoke his mind and respected straight person. He didn't flaunt his gayness.

However, there are also different Gay people who talked with each other and glorifying their behavior. They love to approach Junior high persons and try to convert them to be a Gay person. They love to talk with provanity.

Two different spectrums. They are part LGBTQ+ community, but they are not the same. Just like Christianity. There are communities that respect other religions, but there are also communities that want separation from other infidels.

These people who witch hunt people that playing a magical school game because the original creator for the franchise saying some homophobic statement, these people is a part of LGBTQ+ community, but they are not the whole LGBTQ+ community itself.

That Magical School is only a franchise, not even created by that original creator. It was developed by hundreds of developers. People who are the fans of the lore.

I don't understand why a franchise that has not reflecting the recent transphobic comment from its original franchise creator get slammed a lot. The original Harry Potter even telling the story of marginalized people. Its idea is far from transphobic.

When the first Pentecostal church emerged 100 years a go, the founder complained that some of its member doing witchcraft which is not what the Holy Spirit intended. A just cause getting popular will have the tendency to get hijacked.

These SJW that made accusation to Pikamee. Are they all LGBTQ+ persons? What if some of them just haters that love to see the world burns.

It's hard to separate them without further analysis. Gandhi can denied people who was rioting distancing his struggle from struggle  because they were all real people and real events. People could judged clearly who was who. However, in a world of cyber, how can you distinguish people with alter accounts?

LGBTQ+ community needs to step up their game. They need to do things respectfully and stop targeting random people. At least, make a statement to help person like Pikamee that got bullied. This is important to make other people understand that those are not the whole community stand. 

I don't see such statement, just a silence. It leads to some enraged communities thinking that the whole LGBTQ+ community approve of the harassment.

I'm not a LGBTQ+ person nor a fans of the movement. I don't even know Pikamee. But, this fiasco really makes the world filled with hate. It's concerning. We don't need another hate.

Comments

Popular Posts