Political Madness



Like the street vendor coffee in between the police and the masses, we Indonesian don't give a thought about the Indonesian political fiasco. Even thought it might seems scary, Indonesia democracy is only one big theater. We just see them fight for amusement.

Well, not really an amusement. They are doing their act near my office. People around me feel terrified. On the 22th May 2019, my HR department made an order to make all of the employees go home early.

My government made a decision to block some of social media using DNS hijacking. This decision made Telegram popular and random people in Indonesia learns about the existence of VPN.

Meh, I think they just want to show off with I don't know what their billions of Rupiah Software. I think they just test the water. Why would they block some of the Internet content and let everyone knows about VPN?

Censorship

Pak Onno W. Purbo warns that this blockage may against the U.N. Civil Right. But, hey, our minister is on a list of Den Haag human right violator. I don't think he cares about it. It seems everyone already forget about that issue.

Just like the US, we are facing false news or hoax. Even Facebook made an ads and a page special for reporting hoax. It also seems implements algorithm to automatically delete suspicious post.

Then, one of my recent post got deleted. It was about how FPI (Indonesian Islamic Front) is one with the police to repel suspicious people. The riot happens in Tanah Abang, few blocks away from their headquarter was deemed by them. Even though they are on Prabowo-Sandi side, they disagree with the chaos this time.

I just want to remind people that Habib Rizieq also in a patriotic song that contains all prominence politicians. Even if his view is not inline with mine, he also loves Indonesia. I just don't agree with his vision of sharia Indonesia.

Alas, that post is gone. That post contains a piece of news. It is a fact whether we agree on the content or not.

Here's I am thinking:

Who is the judge for what is hoax and what is not?

Many agree that the government should be the judge. But, what happens when the government that the one generate hoax? Can we hold them accountable?

Come on, 32 years of New Order regime should tell us history.

Dictactorship Regime

Many of the 98 activists whom also my friends are supporting Jokowi. I'm not being hypocrite. I vote Jokowi also. He is the lesser evil of the two.

But, I see military regime is seeping through his cabinet. 

One by one, his regime produce a different version of Subversive law, the law that the first being shot down in the early Reform era. Come on, this is a Republic, where the state is actually the one that serving the people. Why the heck you enact a law that enable a Public Servant to sue person/people if he/she deemed that that person sully his/her name?

Law should be rigid and subjectively objective. But, in Jokowi era -- well perhaps since SBY era -- they enact laws with rubber perspective. This will give the interpretation to the one who governs. Praise God that you might be one with their vision.

And, what if yours are not?

Well, let's hope in you are not in the way.

Me? I just watch them all.

Comments

Popular Posts